1. He has a stuffed dancing hamster on display in his Senate office.
6. He was addicted to the TV show “24.”
10. He talks to fellow prisoners of war, those with whom he shared a cell in Vietnam, almost daily.
12. His wife was in Bangladesh on a charity mission and brought home baby Bridget without checking first with McCain.
21. He doesn’t e-mail. He doesn’t surf the Web. He likes to read the newspaper in print. He’s attached to his cell phone.
2. He has two Grammy awards for recording his best-selling books, “Dreams from My Father” and “The Audacity of Hope.”
3. His mother’s name was Stanley Ann Dunham — her father, Stanley, wanted a boy.
9. While a student at Harvard Law School, he applied to appear in a black pride pinup calendar. He was rejected by an all-female committee.
19. He carries good luck charms, including a gambler’s lucky chit, a tiny Madonna and child, and a bracelet belonging to a soldier deployed in Iraq.
24. He has promised his daughters, Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, a dog this fall — win or lose.